Business Unit: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Requisition Number: 243409
Primary Location: United States-Kansas-Hutchinson
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
As a Lean Specialist for our Hutchinson, KS Nacelle and Hub facility you will guide the plant in developing, executing, and sustaining plant Lean/SPS strategy across the product value chain including suppliers, procurement, logistics, production, and supporting organizations. This position will report to the Plant Manager. The successful candidate will also interface closely with the regional Americas Lean organization to obtain specialized SPS support as required.
• Develop and implement lean projects across the local plant organization.
• Work with the regional and segment lean teams, as well as management, to ensure implementation buy-in of the plant lean strategy.
• Develop a sense of urgency in the organization for all improvement activities.
• Build and maintain visual controls and metrics aimed at delivering performance data for decision making to management at all levels through-out the plant.
• Work with support functions in implementing lean, metrics, and dashboards for all processes.
• Coordinate and engage organizations outside of SCM (ie. Quality, safety, SPS, etc) in leveraging knowledge and lessons learned from across Siemens.
• Always drive safety first and quality into the process.
*Partner with plant
operations to teach and mentor manufacturing personnel
• Achieve specific financial targets related to productivity resulting from lean activities.
• 5+ years as a change agent utilizing various methodologies within a manufacturing environment.
• Highly developed knowledge within a manufacturing environment
• Experience managing cross functional project teams in a global matrix organization including advanced understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and project team performance
• Manage teams and projects across cultural barriers, both internal (cross organizational) and external (suppliers and customers)
* BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.