Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 243416
Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Head of Product Design
Enlighted is defining the intersection of Big Data and Internet of Things. Join us in delivering applications that change the way people interact with the built environment. We empower our customers to enhance workplaces with workflow, utilization, location, security, and energy insights, using data not available with any other IOT platform. Our platform is so brilliant, it pays for itself through energy savings. That's why 10% of the Fortune 500 install Enlighted in their facilities. As the Head of Design, you will listen to and empathize with users to enhance workplaces with design value. We're looking for an ambitious leader who can lead our company in taking a user-centric mindset, and incorporate design-thinking into all aspects of our product.
Winning this position requires a stellar design portfolio with examples of strong interaction design for complex systems, a solid understanding of UX in the context of business needs, a user-centric approach, and product management experience. You have previously designed and delivered a portfolio of successful enterprise SaaS web and mobile products.
Along with building and managing a design team, you will also be comfortable in doing hands-on UI/UX design, user research, defining new products, and improving existing ones.
- Own the design process, including user research, design IAs, UX flows, wireframes, prototyping (e.g., InVision), A-B testing, and specifications.
- Manage the research process, define personas, source interviewees, and lead design reviews with stakeholders as well as with the design team.
- Deliver a UX vision, and collaborate with Product team members to influence product roadmap and design.
- Lead by example, exude positivity, provide mentorship to other designers, and create a strong, collaborative, and fun team environment.
· Build on our existing design system, and implement new workflows that maintain and utilize the design system across the team.
· Work with Engineering to ensure design details are implemented to spec.
- Advocate effectively for end users with our corporate customers, and lead a user-centric perspective across design, business, and engineering.
- Think beyond individual screens, considering the context of the overall user journey and business objective.
- Set requirements for analytics, to learn with a bias towards making data-backed design decisions.
- Make the right call between getting designs shipped and getting the details right.
- 8+ years of experience designing enterprise web and mobile applications.
- Strong communication, presentation and organization skills.
- Experience facilitating design sessions and building design-centric organizations.
- Fluent in current product development methodologies & trends, such as Agile and Lean UX.
- Collaborative, innovative, and fun to work with.
- Designing for consumers and international audiences.
- Visual design expertise or the ability to hire and evaluate great visual designers.
- Designing data visualization dashboards.
- Reimagining and redesigning large, complex enterprise products
- Bachelor’s or MS Degree in HCI, Design, or related subject.