Business Unit: Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 243417
Primary Location: United States-New York-Tarrytown
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Biochemist 1 for Reagent Carryover Group:
* Performs Reagent Carryover testing for immunoassay development/verification following internal written protocols.
* Understands the Assay architecture for competitive and sandwich assays
* Effectively uses fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
* Demonstrates a basic knowledge of professional principles and skills.
* Prepares computer generated development/verification documents needed to accomplish routine technical assignments, i.e. Excel/Datajak/Evaluation Tools/MiniTab
* Seeks advice and guidance on nonroutine or problem areas from others.
* Identifies problems as they occur and takes appropriate steps to alert key staff to solve them in situations where the problem is difficult or complex.
* Requires limited supervision in the running the instruments reagents to complete tasks.
* Writes Reagent Carryover reports with supervision for test definition and regulatory submissions.
* Will work with potential infectious samples. Hepatitis B vaccination is required.