Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 243425
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Knoxville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Doctorate Degree
Travel Required: 5%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Siemens Molecular Imaging is seeking a PET scientist to join its PET Physics and Reconstruction research group, within the Research and Clinical Collaborations Department. The PET Scientist will be responsible for driving several innovation projects, as well as contributing to physics support for system and software development projects. The PET Physics and Reconstruction group has global responsibility for identifying and solving PET research problems relevant to clinicians, advancing PET technology, and working with engineering teams to transfer innovations into the products. The Research and Clinical Collaborations Department is responsible to identifying and developing and protecting innovations in PET, SPECT, and related clinical SW applications and helping to transfer them into product solutions, as well as managing collaborations with leading medical and research institutions around the globe. The PET scientist position reports to the Director, PET Physics and Reconstruction, in the Research and Clinical Collaborations Department.
The PET scientist is responsible for conceiving and developing innovations in PET and bringing them into a validated state ready for integration into new product versions. The PET scientist will focus on PET reconstruction.
Specific responsibilities are below:
- Supports the technology/innovation roadmap of the PET Physics and Reconstruction team
- Supports software innovation development at all levels: PET data corrections; image reconstruction algorithms, both analytical andstatistical, design, implementation and optimization; image processing.
- Assures transfer of technologies into product solutions by working closely with other R&D teams and product management
- Participates in publication of results at conferences and in peer-reviewed journals
- Protects innovations with invention disclosures
- Travels both internationally and domestically for customer visits and conferences
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Ph.D. in physics, mathematics, electrical/nuclear/computer engineering or related fields
- A minimum of 4-5 years of experience in a research environment in one of these fields: image reconstruction, inverse problems, image processing and related field.
- Strong computer skills
- Detail oriented and organized, excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills and can do attitude
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a virtual and fast-paced environment
- Outstanding ability to work independently, be creative, overcome obstacles
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Experience in multiple programming languages, including at least C++
Strong mathematical background