Business Unit: Rolling Stock
Requisition Number: 243430
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: No
The Rolling Stock Testing Technician is responsible for commissioning, troubleshooting and repairs on next generation light rail, locomotives and coaches. In this important role, we need you to be familiar with electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic systems. The position is based in Sacramento, California.
- Perform electrical and mechanical commissioning on light rail, locomotive and coaches
- Troubleshoot, document and repair electrical and mechanical failures
- Work with state-of-the-art dialogistic test equipment.
- Understand and comply with company and industry safety standards.
- Communicate with others, verbally and in writing, technical information, job procedure recommendations, and other work-related information.
- Have ability to work independently and among a team with multi-disciplinary backgrounds.
- Read, interpret and understand written or electronic schematics.
- Use PTU’s to troubleshoot various systems onboard light rail, locomotive and coach vehicles.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma (or GED)
- 3+ years experience in electrical testing.
- Proficient in electrical, pneumatic, mechanical troubleshooting
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Professional Electrician
- Technical Degree
- Rolling Stock Experience