Business Unit: Distribution Systems
Requisition Number: 243441
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Mechanical Development Engineer
The candidate will have the skills to support the design and production of our Fast DC Charging products. We are looking for professionals with the drive to work in the high paced eMobility Business to build new and innovative designs for our future electric eCar-, eTruck- and eBus-chargers.
In this role, you will be part of the R&D/Engineering team and will assist the Manufacturing team to assure proper execution of the design, compliance with industry standards and customer specifications. Requires the ability to design/create complex mechanical parts and assemblies, working in Team Center and a wide range of mechanical design software. Must be detail oriented and take ownership of projects. Must be able to work independently on projects to troubleshoot technical issues with minimal supervision.
- Execute (individually or as member of an engineering team) customized production orders under minimum supervision, utilizing industry standards and best engineering practices.
- Provide drafting support to engineers on submittals, and as-built drawings. This includes the design of new components, modification of mechanical drawings, and incorporate field or customer-based changes.
- PTC Creo 3.0, NX or equivalent with 5-10 years of experience. Will consider other modeling programs but the applicant will need to show examples of relatable experience and willingness and ability to learn NX and/or PTC Creo 3.0
- Experience with TeamCenter and SAP
- Large and small welded and/or bolted assemblies;
- Mechanical-Electrical integration;
- Designing sheet metal parts;
- Experience creating bill of materials;Releasing parts using Engineering Change Requests (ECR) and Engineering Change Notices (ECN)
- Experience interfacing with factory workers from a manufacturing environment;
- Experience with communicating with suppliers and customers, internal and external;
- Creating and presenting designs for internal and external design reviews;
- AutoCad (2D models and drawings for legacy projects).
This job requires domestic travel between 10%-20%.