Business Unit: Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 243449
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Elkhart
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Biochemist 1
As a member of the Component Testing Group, this individual will be expected to perform routine and non-routine testing on a variety of materials used in the manufacture of In Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) assays.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Biochemist 1, you will be responsible for:
- You will prepare reports and keep a Lab Notebook following Good Documentation Practice.
- You will perform data analysis
- You will do preparation of test solutions,
- You will maintain and audit instruments,
- You will write and review test procedures
- You will provide support for general laboratory activities.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- Knowledge of good laboratory practices in a cGMP environment, with strong analytical capabilities preferred
- SAP experience, particularly with QM tasks preferred
- Experience with advance biochemistry analytical instrumentation and the supporting software preferred
- BS/BA degree in biochemistry, chemistry or related degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of laboratory experience recommended
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Must have knowledge of good laboratory practices in a cGMP environment, with strong analytical capabilities
- Must function well under pressure and be able to meet daily commitments and deadlines while continuing to make appropriate decisions regarding product quality
- Must be able to follow procedures under minimal supervision, be confident in his/her ability to make and defend decisions
- Needs to be flexible and be able to handle ever changing priorities while demonstrating attention to detail, and good technical judgment
- Must be able to communicate effectively with internal customers
- Must recognize the underlying basis for regulations and rules and act in accordance
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.