Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 243457
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Reports directly to Transformer Operations Manager. Effective communication with Project Managers (PMs), Business Development Managers (BDMs), National Resource Manager (NRM), and Crew Leaders (CLs) is required.
When emergency needs arise, may be assigned as Site Manager and/or Site Technical Lead, and will be responsible for crews, subcontractors, vendors and assigned assets.
May require travel and non-standard schedules at field locations with exposure to varying environmental conditions
Duties / Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supports the Operations Manager in dealing with the customer for all the Quality matters.
- Supports the Transformer PMO with warranty claims, technical issues, and commissioning scope
- Provides leadership in coaching, education and training of employees
- Provides transformer technical expertise to project team for bidding, planning, & execution
- Reviews customer specifications and procedures while comparing to Siemens policies and verifies contract compliance.
- Ensure that project documents and test data are updated, maintained, and stored in accordance with project guidelines.
- Work directly with the transformer engineer and Transformer Technical Lead to develop procedures for all common tasks performed by transformer service crews
- Work directly with Transformer Technical Lead to develop training and apprentice program for all transformer field staff
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to quality, testing, and reliability.
- Ensure Non-Conformance issues are identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in an acceptable manner.
- Investigates customer concerns regarding quality and makes appropriate adjustments including response to customer and corrective actions.
- Establishes and maintains quality systems, inspections records and procedures.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing concerns and resolving problems.
- Allocates Quality personnel to the various areas of site activity.
- Supports and participate to all the internal/external audits.
- Audits current Company operating standards and compares them to the requirements set forth by the Quality System.
- Generates and revises Company Standard Operating Procedures
- Demonstrate dedication to safety by following and guiding others in Siemens safe working procedures/practices.
- Clearly communicate training scopes, instructions, target goals, and be able to demonstrate hands-on.
- Assist PM or NRM with the planning of field service project set-up, resource requirements, coordination of equipment and vendors; including personal lodging and travel; scheduling of heavy equipment, tankers, test equipment, etc.
- Perform and instruct others in testing at all levels, start up commissioning, condition assessments and receipt inspections.
- Strive for consistent improvement in the understanding of the testing process, including proper test procedures, electrical theory, electrical clearances, NFPA70E and the proper use of testing terminology.
Technical Skills and Tools
- Possess comprehensive skills to interpret the scope of work, assembly, general arrangement drawings, electrical prints and one-line diagrams, as well as test data and factory instruction manuals.
- Expert in transformer assembly & testing
- Expert in correct operation of transformer oil processing, including vacuum, oil filling, circulating and draining oil-filled transformers. Complete documentation of the process, as required.
- Support field test experts and test crews with industry standard testing of power and distribution transformers and transformer accessories, as well as interpret and document the results. Document test results utilizing standard MS Office, test equipment, standard test software and tools.
- Competent in the use of MS Office and Windows based software, as well as online tools.
- Must have strong commercial and industrial control wiring and troubleshooting skills.
- Possess good verbal and written skills to effectively communicate with various levels of personnel.
- Demonstrate collaboration and work well within teams and on an individual basis.
- Demonstrate good time management skills.
2-year technical degree in related discipline or at least 15 years in transformer field service
Must have a minimum of 15 years’ experience in technical assembly, maintenance and repair of power and distribution transformers / transformer accessories in utility/energy electrical industry
Expert level skill in one or more of: Distribution, Power and Transmission electrical substation equipment in power ranges of Low Voltage (4160V – 13kV), Medium Voltage (13kV – 69kV) or High Voltage (69kV – 800 kV
Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively in a professional manner on all aspects of transformer service activities, verbal or written, whilst understanding the importance of protecting the company's propriety information and intellectual property rights.
Possess comprehensive skills to interpret the scope of work, assembly, general arrangement drawings, electrical prints and one-line diagrams, as well as test data and factory instruction manuals Responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism with clients, vendors and colleagues.
Demonstrated success in managing people, building strong business relationships and success in achieving results along with solid financial acumen
Requires effective communications skills and ability to lead less experienced staff.
High level of organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks and projects with little direction and supervision.
Effective business judgment and decision-making skills.
Knowledge and ability to work with computers and Microsoft Office Systems
Competent in the use of MS Office and Windows based software, as well as online tools.
US Citizenship required
Possession of or ability to attain a US Passport for international travel
Possession of or ability to attain a DOD Security Clearance