Business Unit: Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics
Requisition Number: 243458
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens Logistics LLC is seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to provide support of the Supply Chain organization in achieving Safety, Delivery, Cost, and Quality objectives at our DFW Airport facility. The candidate must possess five 5+ years of experience in responsibilities outlined within job posting.
• Completes the development and implementation of complex performance measurement and improvement initiatives.
• Performs complex inspections and investigations by gathering data related to proper utilization of company labor, equipment, materials, and facilities.
• Performs complex planning of equipment layout, workflow, and accident prevention measures to maintain optimum and safe utilization of plant resources.
• Completes the determination of the most economic methods, operation sequence, and tooling for the fabrication and welding of parts and finishing and assembly of components for complex processes.
• Completes designs and develops complex schematic, processes, and equipment.
• Completes complex manufacturing engineer duties; may include plant layout, scrap reduction and quality assurance functions.
• Independently performs full range of standard work for the professional field.
• Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
• Refers complex, unusual problems to others.
Education / Knowledge / Experience
• BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
• Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of complex assignments.
• Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
• Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
• Typically 5-8 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
• Must have demonstrated experience in the design, documentation, and build of tooling and fixtures for
• Experience with robotic weld and tooling for robotic weld is desired.
• Experience with robotic weld programming is desired.
• Experience with assembly tooling is desired.
• Secondary area of responsibility will be the Weld Department, including hand and robotic weld.
Additional Responsibilities and Desired Skills
• Teams with Manufacturing in the implementation of process improvements and the resolution of production issues. As part of this responsibility, may lead small ad hoc teams.
• Participates in and leads multi-discipline, cross-functional teams:
o Continuous Improvement (processes, methods, etc.).
o Design for Manufacturability, Assembly, and Test (DFx).
o New Product Introduction.
• Familiarity with sheet metal fabrication (Plasma, Press Brake, Saw, etc.) a plus.
o Advanced modeling (Inventor and/or UG) and simulation experience a plus.
o Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Excel.
o Familiarity with SAP a plus.
• Ability to understand technical documentation including:
o Weld standards, processes, and certifications.
o Piece part, weldment, and assembly drawings.
o Material specifications.
o Component specifications.
o Equipment specifications.
o Technical journals and reports.
• Many support activities require the involvement of other departments. As such, an essential characteristic will be the ability to successfully liaise with Manufacturing, Engineering, Planning, Quality, and Purchasing.
• Knowledge of Lean and 5S principles a plus.