Business Unit: Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics
Requisition Number: 243459
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens Postal, Parcel and Airport Logistics LLC is looking for a dynamic leader with vision and focus and results driven for the Director of Field Operations for the Customer Service business unit. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in the Mail & parcel Logistics and automation, Aviation Logistics with baggage Handling and air cargo, as well as, Customer Service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization.
The Director of Operations will be responsible for managing significant deployments and installation of equipment, as well as coordinating with Engineering, Manufacturing and Customer in support of project / program demands. Focus team on setting flawless time lines, including ongoing communications with key groups/stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of working in a collaborative, project-focused environment to achieve targets and drive growth and collaboration across multiple business units. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership, coaching and team development skills, in conjunction with a goal driven drive approach to improving existing processes, cultures and establish bridges across business units.
• Support Leadership in ensuring excellent management of operation and project deployment
• Take Ownership of the Profit and Loss of the project/programs
• Lead planning and/or implementation of operations and projects team
• Facilitate the definition of team missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements; resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas;
• Develop methods to monitor project/operations area progress; and provide corrective supervision if necessary.
• Manage department budget and resource allocation
• Drive organizational change and accountability, taking full account of obstacles, opposition, and differing stakeholder priorities. Acts as a champion for business process changes; act behind the scenes to craft solutions for business problems related or tangential to the operations/projects.
• Be a collaborative member of the company leadership team
• Be a strong communicator who works well with the VP and the rest of the leadership team
• Work in lockstep with manufacturing, engineering and installations teams
• Establish close working relationship with key sector management members
• Be proactive on raising issues and identifying problems and drive to a resolution
• Set realistic targets and objectives for the team
• Be open to ideas and guidance from all levels.
• Foster a collaborative environment that encourages feedback from all members of the organization and instills accountability across all functional areas of the business.
• Drive safety and quality within the organization
• Develop new and re-vamp exiting policies and programs to support business development and deployments
• Travel up to 50% as needed
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
• BA or equivalent experience in related disciplines
• Experience in working within multi-cultural environment
• Extensive experience in managing a fast-paced manufacturing/insulation project oriented business.
• Ability and experience with implementing process and accountability across a broad organizational team.
• 10+ years of successful experience in operations and or project driven organizations
• Proven track record of successful profit and loss management of an execution team
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States