Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 243472
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Littleton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is actively searching for a Senior Sales Manager for our Solutions (Construction) Sales Group, managing our Automation, Fire and Security portfolio for Colorado & Wyoming. Reporting into the Denver, CO office, the Branch Solutions Sales Manager is responsible for new construction and retrofit Solutions / New Construction Sales Management; ensuring strong customer relationships are established and maintained while also driving employees to achieve business goals. The role is primarily involved in leading a Sales Team to overdrive quota and to capture new market share for Siemens Smart Infrastructure. This role is a management position with direct reports and P&L responsibility.
Lead a team of sales professionals who sell Building Automation , Fire and Security solutions tailored to meet our customers’ requirements. Primary customers will be Construction Managers, General Contractors, Electrical Contractors and Mechanical Contractors.
- Work in an open, collaborative, team environment in support of our ownership and customer-centric culture.
- Identify market opportunities and develop strategies to maximize impact to Siemens, including participating in development of long range sales and growth strategies.
- Serve as the sponsor for critical contractors and other customers key to Siemens in the market.
- Support Smart Infrastructure by networking with Branch, Zone and corporate headquarters colleagues to increase knowledge of offerings, for self, team and other employees.
- Develop sales employees to achieve commitment to Smart Infrastructure's philosophy and customer satisfaction, as well as to overdrive quota, achieve sales forecast and provide input to budget.
- Manage employee performance and provide coaching to develop skills, including communicating goals and providing performance appraisals.
- Coordinate engineering and sales support activities to facilitate offering and supporting quality products, acting as a resource to sales employees regarding Siemens products, applications and services.
- Review proposals and estimates to ensure accuracy, company standards and professional quality to meet customer and company objectives.
- Assist employees in determining margins, identifying resources and assessing future potential business.
- Provide input for best practice work and encourage employees to incorporate new ideas into projects.
- Actively participate in senior-level selling to large/key accounts. Maintain ongoing contacts with large/key accounts, considering these customers’ needs relative to new product development.
- Maintain trade contacts and engage in industry association functions in accordance with company policy. Be aware of competitor offerings and advise employees on effective sales tactics, as needed.
- Execute and refine strategy to build relationship with the Engineering community to increase Siemens specification rate.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam required.
Required experience: Five years of sales experience in building automation or a related field.
- Required travel: 10%
- Other requirements:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and negotiation skills in English.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship.
- Account development and strategic sales skills with which to teach, lead, and coach a sales team.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or other related field highly preferred, although candidate with a combination of education (High School Diploma or GED required) and directly related experience will be considered.
8+ years of sales experience, including 2+ years of sales management and P&L responsibility within a similar construction industry.
Local Denver market and industry knowledge.
Experience with low voltage systems and construction in the life sciences, healthcare, higher education and commercial office vertical markets, along with fast paced working environments.
- Strong knowledge of services and ROI-related offerings with ability to develop and implement a local sales strategy to achieve growth objectives.
- Demonstrable understanding of how to market, position, and sell cloud-based data-driven service programs, such as fault detection and diagnostics, to existing and new customers.