Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 243472
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Littleton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Job Description Template
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is actively searching for a Senior Sales Manager for our Solutions (Construction) Sales Group, managing our Automation, Fire and Security portfolio for Colorado & Wyoming. Reporting into the Denver, CO office, the Branch Solutions Sales Manager is responsible for new construction and retrofit Solutions / New Construction Sales Management; ensuring strong customer relationships are established and maintained while also driving employees to achieve business goals. The role is primarily involved in leading a Sales Team to overdrive quota and to capture new market share for Siemens Smart Infrastructure. This role is a management position with direct reports and P&L responsibility.
Lead a team of sales professionals who sell Building Automation , Fire and Security solutions tailored to meet our customers’ requirements. Primary customers will be Construction Managers, General Contractors, Electrical Contractors and Mechanical Contractors.
- Work in an open, collaborative, team environment in support of our ownership and customer-centric culture.
- Identify market opportunities and develop strategies to maximize impact to Siemens, including participating in development of long range sales and growth strategies.
- Serve as the sponsor for critical contractors and other customers key to Siemens in the market.
- Support Smart Infrastructure by networking with Branch, Zone and corporate headquarters colleagues to increase knowledge of offerings, for self, team and other employees.
- Develop sales employees to achieve commitment to Smart Infrastructure's philosophy and customer satisfaction, as well as to overdrive quota, achieve sales forecast and provide input to budget.
- Manage employee performance and provide coaching to develop skills, including communicating goals and providing performance appraisals.
- Coordinate engineering and sales support activities to facilitate offering and supporting quality products, acting as a resource to sales employees regarding Siemens products, applications and services.
- Review proposals and estimates to ensure accuracy, company standards and professional quality to meet customer and company objectives.
- Assist employees in determining margins, identifying resources and assessing future potential business.
- Provide input for best practice work and encourage employees to incorporate new ideas into projects.
- Actively participate in senior-level selling to large/key accounts. Maintain ongoing contacts with large/key accounts, considering these customers’ needs relative to new product development.
- Maintain trade contacts and engage in industry association functions in accordance with company policy. Be aware of competitor offerings and advise employees on effective sales tactics, as needed.
- Execute and refine strategy to build relationship with the Engineering community to increase Siemens specification rate.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam required.
- Required experience: Five years of sales experience in building automation or a related field.
- Required travel: 10%
- Other requirements:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and negotiation skills in English.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship.
- Account development and strategic sales skills with which to teach, lead, and coach a sales team.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or other related field highly preferred, although candidate with a combination of education (High School Diploma or GED required) and directly related experience will be considered.
- 8+ years of sales experience, including 2+ years of sales management and P&L responsibility within a similar construction industry.
- Local Denver market and industry knowledge.
- Experience with low voltage systems and construction in the life sciences, healthcare, higher education and commercial office vertical markets, along with fast paced working environments.
- Other preferences:
- Strong knowledge of services and ROI-related offerings with ability to develop and implement a local sales strategy to achieve growth objectives.
- Demonstrable understanding of how to market, position, and sell cloud-based data-driven service programs, such as fault detection and diagnostics, to existing and new customers.