Business Unit: Rolling Stock
Requisition Number: 243516
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens Mobility, Rolling Stock is seeking an experienced Employee Health and Safety Professional, Second Shift who will have the opportunity to maintain, develop, and implement our comprehensive programs to prevent injuries and ensure compliance with all pertinent regulations through daily interaction with manager, supervisors and employees. You will focus your time and energies in the rail transport production areas observing and advising managers and team members on all related matters associated with the health and safety of our valued employees-. In this key role, you will report directly to the Manager of Employee Health and Safety for Mobility Rolling Stock. This position is located in Sacramento, California.
Maintains and implements Safety programs all regulatory agencies.
Implements EHS training needs facility wide and oversees completion.
Manages day to day EHS functions for assigned facilities.
Enters all EHS data into Siemens data system. Tracks work related incidents.
Oversees incident investigations for assigned facilities.
Maintains OSHA 300 logs for assigned facilities
Workers’ Comp. reviews and ensures compliance. .
Corresponds with local agencies with coordination with corporate EHS such as local fire departments and safety vendors.
Reviews new project aspects for Management of Change
Establishes individual goals which are aligned with the Company's business strategies and objectives.
Functions as a contributing member of the department's team and other teams, as assigned.
Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
Maintains a chemical mgt program including approval of SDSs, Haz Com training, and Waste disposal.
Maintain a contractor safety program including approving contractors and performing routine contractor project inspections.
Implements and maintains a PPE program that includes identifying the appropriate PPE for job functions, training, and supporting the proper purchase of PPE.
Implements and maintains a comprehensive LOTO program that includes developing LOTO procedures and training.
Participates with local emergency response ensuring that there is site preparedness for any crisis
Implement IH programs including managing consultants for monitoring.
Good oral and written communication skills.
Ability to originate new procedures and approaches to problems within an established field.
Ability to work under stress and with commitment to deadlines.
Interpersonal relationships which encourage openness, candor and trust, both internally and outside of Siemens.
Accurate and timely completion of projects and/or reports.
Successful performance of assigned duties with frequent interruptions and time pressures.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Ability to maintain considerable levels of concentration while working under constant time pressures and constant interruptions.
- Ability to sometimes lift or carry up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to frequently stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sometimes reach with hands and arms above shoulders, forward and to sides.
- Ability to sometimes squat, kneel or bend.
- Ability to sometimes sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work nights, weekends or non-regular hours to meet deadlines for emergencies.
- Requires accessibility by mobile phone at all times.
- Requires 0-10% travel to all sites of responsibility within the business unit.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 3 years of hands on working knowledge and proficiency with EHS
- Working knowledge of OSHA, EPA, CAL OSHA and other state and federal safety standards and regulations.
- Understanding of workers’ compensation and injury management.
Proficient computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and peripherals.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Manufacturing Experience
- EHS role in Rolling Stock Environment
- 6 years experience as an EHS professional