Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 243542
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Winter Park
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Field Service Technician performs service, repairs and/or maintenance for Commercial Fire & Life Safety Systems.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our
company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to
succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize
individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and
external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We
have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see
yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Provides technical service to customer Fire Safety systems including technical support during the scheduled service calls
and maintenance visits.
- Coordinates with service coordinator on a daily basis on scheduled service visits and/or preventative maintenance
- Responds to and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems. Ensures
company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
- Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner. Makes recommendations regarding
both systems maintenance and installations.
- Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, or requiring further action or material.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency.
- Required experience: Demonstrable aptitude required to successfully learn, install, and maintain fire & life safety
- Required travel: 10%
- Other requirements:- 1+ years in the installation and maintenance of Fire Safety products.
- NICET (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology) Certification Requirements to retain position: Level
II Fire Alarm Certification within 24 months of hire; Fire Alarm Certification within 24 months of hire.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as
working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States, and will not require employer-
sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Preferred Certifications: Existing NICET I/II,