Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 243558
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Lebanon
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Software Engineer Student Internship
Location: Lebanon, New Hampshire
Start Date: Fall 2019
Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
This position is within our DevOps team and reports directly to the Senior Manager of DevOps. The DevOps team focuses on Siemens multidisciplinary design software and is part of Simulation & Test Solutions within Siemens Digital Industries Software. This position will focus on developing tools for use by developers and support staff at Siemens Software Product Development. Internal tools include systems to improve collaboration, optimize performance of automated systems, share artifacts relevant to development, and enhance usefulness of existing systems. This position will ensure that new development services or enhancements to existing services are implemented globally. This includes evaluation of new tools, documentation and training. You will get the opportunity to:
· Work with internal customers to gather requirements and establish verification standards for tool acceptance (Internal customers include quality assurance, production and development personnel)
· Work with senior DevOps members to design, develop and maintain Development tools and services.
· Participate in gathering functional requirements with appropriate stakeholders and apply software design principles to address requirements.
· Respond to requests for user assistance with usage of tools and systems as needed.
· Troubleshoot bugs and service failures.
· Work with appropriate DevOps and IT personnel to solve problems.
· Open help tickets with appropriate vendors as needed. Escalate issues to senior engineers as necessary.
· Currently enrolled in a university pursuing a master’s degree in Computer Science or engineering
· Proficient using Java, Python and C++
· Proficient designing and implementing object-oriented systems
· Experience designing relational and non-relational data structures
· Experience creating and using REST API's
· Familiarity with JSON and XML
· Comfortable with design as well as implementation
· Excellent teamwork skills and ability to assist other team members in problem-solving