Business Unit: Mechanical Drives
Requisition Number: 243615
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Elgin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Technical and quotation sales support of Flender sales channels (Flender direct external sales team, Sales Reps, Distributors, Repair Centers), which includes:
- Independently selects, prepares and presents technical and commercial proposals of gear units, couplings, spare parts and services utilizing internal selection tools.
- Reviews customer technical specifications and offers gear units, couplings, spare parts or services for different types of industrial markets, such as Minerals/Mining, Oil & Gas, Material Handling, Extrusions, Pumps etc.
- Resolves complex technical problems to meet customer requirements.
- Reviews and clarifies technical & commercial requirements of customers prior acceptance of customer purchase orders.
- Prepares / clarifies requests for vendor supply components (transmitters, switches, monitoring system etc.).
- Technical write-up of orders after acceptance of customer purchase orders.
- Prepares internal quote / purchase order related documents for management approvals.
- Communicates with customers on all product related topics (incl. technical aspects, order documentation tracking, quote development etc.).
- Coordinates with local or HQ teams Flender technical or commercial solutions.
- Supports internal order management or procurement teams from technical point of view.
- Maintain internal sales management documents or databases.
Supports Flender sales channels (external sales team, sales reps, distributors) in a flexible and adequate way.
Prepares and presents demonstration materials for internal or external parties both locally and at offside locations.
Meets Flender customers to support successful closing of purchase orders if it is required.
Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of specific moderately complex assignments.
Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of specific areas of specialization.
Demonstrates knowledge of organization business practices.
Required Knowledge/s, Education, Skills:
3 - 5 years of sales / customer service / application engineering experiences (inside or outside sales) preferably in Power Transmission Industry.
BS/BA in Mechanical Engineering, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronical Engineering or Technical Degree in related field preferred.
Ability to select and apply specific products as per technical specifications preferably in Power Transmission Industry.
Knowledge of Flender and Flender competitor’s products is an advantage.
Communication skills required to be able to clarify with customers technical or commercial conditions.
Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel, MS Office tools (Word, PowerPoint).
Knowledge of specific selection tools for Power Transmission Industry preferred.