Business Unit: Onshore
Requisition Number: 243627
Primary Location: United States-Kansas-Wichita
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
What are my responsibilities?
The Logistics Team Lead is responsible for all logistics-related tasks necessary to fulfill project deliverables at the Wichita Tooling Center. Additionally, the LTL will be charged with optimizing the material and logistics costs to ensure construction and service tooling and equipment investments are aligned with budgets plans. He/she is responsible for leading and managing processes related to demand planning, procurement, inventory control, and transportation (domestic and international). The positions reports directly to the Plant manager at the SGRE facility located in Wichita, Kansas.
- Examination and evaluation projects planning schedule to define internal customer requirements
- Forecast and document rolling material demands by commodity type, and communicate logistics-related information to purchasing group or required operational stakeholders
- Coordinate delivery plans from supply base thru final customer order destination
- Responsible of asset tracking and inventory control processes
- Ensure optimization of stock levels for indirect materials. Calculate inventory level requirements per sku and continuously update procurement plan with stakeholders
- Ensure that transport execution meets contractual requirements over the course of project execution. Including supplier orders to feed plant requirements.
- Collaborate with Truck and Vessel Planners to ensure goods orders meet mode of transportation requirements. Ensure import and export documentation is aligned with corporate guidelines
- Collaborate with purchasing, direct materials, implementation of sourcing models regarding INCOTERM and mode of transportation
- Identifies key procurement risks, opportunities and market forces to avoid potential damage/ exploit potential opportunities through risk and change management
- Familiarity of port operations for containerized and project freight
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, especially using multiple worksheets within a single workbook
- Ability to work in a team setting and collaborate in a fast pace environment
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Foreign Trade, Business Administration, Economics or Industrial Engineering
- Proven 5+ year of work experience in related field.
- Experience in the logistics, industrial, technology, electronics, or engineering sectors with focus on transportation
- Experience in SAP