Business Unit: Distribution Systems
Requisition Number: 243636
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
- Execute the assigned “Design to Order” tasks. This will include the development of new 3D & 2D mechanical designs required for a respective project.
- Work with the factory manufacturing team to diagnose and resolve engineering issues.
- Complete the assigned “Product Support” tasks based on identified Non-Conformances and design errors. This will include update and correction of existing assemblies that have been found defective during assembly or commissioning operations.
- Manage the assigned list of materials and mechanical assemblies needed to fulfill the technical requirements of the project. Create Bills of Materials, develop new assemblies, validate functionality and release the part/assemblies to production.
- Provide feedback as needed to the Siemens LV MCC R&D team based on effectiveness of the design library and market trends where gaps in our technical offer have been identified.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done with high quality and in a professional manner.
- BS in Engineering (prefer Mechanical).
- 3+ years experience in 3D modeling of parts and assemblies in 3D software (Teamcenter, Solidworks, Creo, Unigraphics/NX). NX is preferred.
- 2 years experience of Autocad
- 1 year Experience with MRP (Material Requirements Planning) solutions (SAP, Oracle).
- 1 year experience working with “Bill of Materials”.
- Ability to multitask, managing large workloads and business demands.
- An ideal candidate is detailed orientated and able to embrace a culture of quality.
- Less than 10% travel required
- Experience with MRP (Material Requirements Planning) solutions (SAP, Oracle).
- Experience in design, manufacturing or quality of Medium Voltage/Low voltage equipment.
- Experience with programming languages (visual basic, java)
Experience in manufacturing, quality or test areas.
- Experience with cloud based CRM (Customer Relationship Management) solutions (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics).