Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 243646
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Over the past few years, our aero-derivative turbine business has successfully grown per global business by focusing on the supply and support of aero-derivative gas turbine packages and equipment to the global oil & gas and power generation markets. The business has supplied over 4,000 gas turbines to customers in over 80 countries accumulating over 200 million hours of operating experience. It is our vision to be the customers' first choice for distributed power generation and compression systems solutions.
As a Materials Procurement Delivery Specialist, you will create, maintain and communicate and execute detailed production plans for specific part orders (aero-derivative components) that are commitment accepted to enable the master production plan to be achieved. You will also provide the implications of the delivery schedules ability to meet customer and business requirements.
- Respond to demand changes by providing the Regional Purchase Manager with the implications of meeting customer requirements in line with the company Commitment Acceptance (Sales & Operations Planning) process
- Enable cascade of demand through the supply chain resulting in a committed plan
- Plan and manage stock of parts across the supply chain ensuring inventory levels specified are maintained and used in the appropriate order and time frame
- Specify supplier delivery commitments are reflected in SAP
- Manage adherence of schedule lines (Exception Messages) to ensure delivery to plan including new parts introduction in line with all the relevant processes including use of the Supply Chain pro-forma
- Process compliant through the use of company standard systems, processes and reports to resolve potential delivery hazards
- Primary interface and lead operational relationships with suppliers to lead and co-ordinate all improvement activity associated with planning, control, inventory, delivery and lead time
- Lead business reviews with their suppliers ensuring that both the suppliers and R-R requirements are being met
- Consider the impact to Quality, Cost and Delivery on the SCMT
- Provide reviews are supported by other appropriate functions as required
- Manage and coordinate delivery issues, reporting shortages and recovery programs to meet the plan and escalate issues as required
- Understand Load and Capacity constraints within a supplier that may impact performance and delivery
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and/or relevant experience within the manufacturing industry
- 5 years of experience within Supply Chain/Logistics discipline in manufacturing environment
- Experience in production planning and scheduling
- Knowledge of quality system, inventory control and IT systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Power point, Excel)
- Intermediate to expert level experience with excel reporting
- Strong communications skills at all levels
- Ability to problem solve, resolve and provide solutions proactively.
- Drive process and continuous improvement within team environment
- Strong knowledge of SAP
- Travel up to 5%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Master's Degree
- Supply Chain Management – Capability & Capacity Assessment
- Supply Chain Scheduling
- Load & Capacity Planning
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.