Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 243661
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Jacksonville
Other Locations: United States-Kentucky-Louisville, United States-New York-New York, United States-Pennsylvania-Munhall
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Rail Automation supplies railway markets the world over with solutions and turnkey installations for railway automation and telecommunication. Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all round the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities.
Our products and systems are used for automating our customers’ operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general.
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
In this Systems Engineer role, you will provide systems engineering support on moderate to complex systems engineering projects and participate in requirements capture; develops new requirements based on customer need. You will also translate requirements into detailed systems/product speciﬁcations. In addition, you will participate in systems analysis, systems/product validation and veriﬁcation and provide technical support to systems/product users and other stakeholders, providing resolution to engineering problems (HW, SW, Test). You will also implement system enhancements and report on the effectiveness of existing and new systems/products.
• Design complex Transit/Freight Systems, Wayside Systems and Grade Crossing Warning Systems using engineering knowledge, customer standards, and State and Federal regulations under supervision of senior engineers.
• Understand current industry signal standards and practices including AREMA recommendations and FRA (Federal Railroad Administration) rules and regulations.
• Evaluate preliminary engineering and customer requirements to perform hardware designs and application software design under supervision of senior engineers.
• Develop test procedures and test plans according to established company procedures and under some supervision of senior engineers.
• Provide technical support to the customer during commissioning of the design of less complex systems.
• Provide complete software and hardware packages for validation and verification.
• Perform simulation (verification) of Wayside Train Control System software using tools specific to the type of equipment to be used under some supervision of senior engineers.
• Perform factory and field testing (validation) of Wayside Train Control System software; install software per hardware plans; test operation of software, record and analyze results; and provide feedback as required.
• Fulfill special requests from customers such as special distributions, providing designer sketches, and other additional information as requested.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field preferred with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in railway signaling industry.
• Proficient using industry specific equipment such as meters, oscilloscope and power supplies.
• Proficient using AutoCAD and MicroStation.
• Proficient experience using Test Racks.
• Generally, up to 2 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.
Qualiﬁed Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualiﬁed Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.