Business Unit: Low Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 243727
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
The Cloud Application Development Lead for LP Systems would apply existing products and applications establishing the use of existing and preparing for new technology with full cognizance of LP business and customer motivations and requirements.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
The Cloud Strategy Development & Execution head, must have
· Experience with Big Data and Cloud eco-systems, in developing, designing, and/or operating
application development platforms.
· Strong knowledge of end-to-end data lifecycles across traditional data warehouses, relational
databases, business intelligence reporting, and big data analytics.
· Experience with dealing with newer/ less matured technologies, proof-of-concepts, driving pilots,
and product evaluations.
· Experience developing, and/or operating very complex and highly integrated system designs,
with near-real time data processing
· Experience and working knowledge of modern systems monitoring and alerting infrastructures
- Experience managing people/time and expense.
- Experience in managing projects
- Proven ability to lead, listen, make decisions and communicate to team customer requirements to implement appropriate solutions.
This candidate will have to help define the motivations and goals for adopting cloud and as well as execute and commission application software with a team consisting of software and application technicians, constantly evaluating impact to stake holders, applicable cloud infrastructures, LP strategic milestones and design applications best suited for specific customers.
Additionally, responsible to:
- Accelerate application delivery to gain competitive advantage
- Improve efficiency of staff and infrastructures
- Travel to customer sites to finalize requirements before customer signoff and if critical during commissioning of the product. US travel >25% may be required.
- Suggest product investments to optimize device portfolio
- Manage customer with application technicians, scheduling commissioning of products and addressing customer concerns.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. MSEE is required
2. 8-10 Years of experience in developing and managing applications.
3. Deep background in Micro Services Development & Management.
4. Must have experience with programming languages.
5. Deep understanding of API based development.
6. Ability to define, organize and deliver error free product.
7. Experience in working with continuous integration and delivery framework.
8. Experience collaborating and teaming across different organizations and teams.
9. Strong oral, written and presentation skills.
10. Proficient with Microsoft office products.
Desired to have:
1. MSCS -Computer Science preferred.
2. Knowledge of Low Voltage Products and Systems.
3. Applicability of Low Voltage products to customer requirements.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.