Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 243740
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Milford
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Your primary responsibilities will be to (1) ensure the efficient operation of Nastran builds and testing across several configurations and OSes; (2) consult on and implement improvements to the build and testing software infrastructure; (3) consult with Nastran management and developers on improvements to development tools and QA processes, and implement agreed improvements.
Ensuring the correctness of Nastran is essential, and a working knowledge of criteria for ensuring numerical correctness of simulations is key. Additionally, you will be expected to use, and suggest improvements to, both internal and external tools used in the QC process. Lastly, a good grasp of Agile software development methodologies is helpful.
This position requires minimal travel.
• Build, compile, and test a complex application written in several languages, including Fortran, C, and C++, on both Windows and Linux platforms.
• Use and improve automated systems for software build and test, including bespoke scripts written in Perl and Python.
• Use a task-based job runner (Celery/RabbitMQ).
• Help design and implement new build, test, and system status dashboards
• Provide guidance and undertake efforts to simplify and improve build and test system reliability
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or another heavily technical program
• Five to seven years’ experience in the build and testing of Enterprise software applications
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Experience working with continuous integration pipelines
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
• Building and testing on both Windows and Linux Operating Systems
• Facility with Source Code Management systems (Perforce, Git)
• Thorough knowledge of fundamental quality assurance concepts and best practices
• Proven ability to execute in a customer focused environment and advocate for quality
• Use of VM resources in build and test environments
• Perl, Python, or Shell scripting
• Self-starter, comfortable iterating to a good solution despite uncertainty
• Ability to interact with and positively influence both developers and QC team
• Strong problem-solving skills. Strong analytical mind.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience creating continuous integration pipelines (Jenkins, Maven CI, Travis CI, etc.)
• Basic understanding of finite-precision mathematics and error estimation
• Design and use of Container (e.g. Docker) resources in build and test environments
• Design of cloud-based CI environments