Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 243753
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Plano
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Global Customs Compliance Business Partner (Secondary Locations: TX, MO, OR or OH)
The Siemens Digital Factory Product Lifecycle Management organization is currently seeking a Global Customs Compliance Business Partner who will be based in the United States (Plano, TX; St. Louis, MO; Wilsonville, OR; or Cincinnati, OH).
The Global Customs Compliance Business Partner is responsible for the U.S. Customs Compliance program of Siemens DF PL and works in close collaboration with the U.S. Customs Governance team and the Global Siemens Customs Team to ensure customs compliance according to national requirements for all countries of import or export.
The individual (1) manages all aspects of tangible U.S. cross-border deliveries and (2) provides guidance on customs compliance to internal customers for other country cross-border activity.
This role will be responsible for the Global Customs Compliance program for DF PL, in accordance with all relevant national legislation and the Siemens internal control program.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
· Implement standards of Customs Compliance per relevant national regulations and the Siemens
Internal Control Program requirements.
· Develop, implement and enforce guidelines, solutions and plans in order to optimize processes.
· Conduct and monitor Security Risk Assessments.
· Implement Customs related processes within the Business ERP system.
· Subject matter expertise on Free Trade Agreements (FTA)
· Subject matter expertise on U.S. Customs and working knowledge of global customs agencies and practices.
· Evaluate business activity for applicability of GTM tool.
· Ensure Company’s compliance with applicable Government laws and regulations governing import, export and trade agreement activities. Monitor usage of Special Provisions (Duty
Drawback, Foreign Trade Zones, Free Trade Agreements).
· Work closely and respond, as appropriate, to questions from business stakeholders regarding trade compliance matters.
· Identify, capture, collect, monitor key metrics (KPI’s) for development of business strategies and presentation to management.
· Influence business practices to implement and utilize automated solutions.
· Collaborate with various stakeholders (business segment management, department leadership,
members of the Customs Team) on cross-department activities promoting process optimization.
· Collaborate with the U.S. Customs Governance and/or the Siemens Global Customs Team in external and internal audits by Siemens, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, and other gov’t agencies.
· BS Degree or equivalent of education and experience in related field.
· 10+ years of related experience.
· Experience with Global Customs Compliance in a large company.
· Licensed Customs House Broker is a preferred.
· Experience with implementation of a Global Trade Management Tool.
· Subject matter expertise on customs valuation and reconciliation requirements.
· Experience in applying international trade principles and practices in order to enable compliance of shipments overseas.
· Hands-on Experience with ERPs and compliance management software, preferably SAP.
· Proficient in utilizing Excel to analyze data and streamline processes.
· Project skills; including analytics, implementation strategies, metric measurement and continuous monitoring expectations and deliverables.
· Ability to work independently.
· Strong written and verbal communication / interpersonal skills.
· Presentation skills.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
· Software Business knowledge
· Experience with GTM tool
The successful candidate must demonstrate competency in the following areas:
· In depth knowledge of 19 CFR and U.S. HTS.
· Ability to understand and apply customs valuation guidelines.
· Ability to understand and apply various Free Trade Agreement rules of origin.