Business Unit: United States
Requisition Number: 243756
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-New Castle
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Mobility Inc wants to fill a position in an interesting railroad environment in New Castle, Delaware. This job entails direct support in fleet monitoring and maintenance planning for the different Siemens electrical and diesel-powered Locomotives, as well as our numerous light rail vehicles and Street Cars, and duties as directed to support Siemens Customer Service. The Technical Data Analyst also provides technical oversight to our contractual depots, and administrative services to our Reliability and Service Managers.
Applicants who want to take part in our Siemens Service Department would be responsible for the following main tasks:
· Maximize fleet performance by analyzing data to help prevent in-service failures and to provide trend analysis to aid fleet reliability improvement measures.
· Evaluate data for historic failures and establish trend analysis to support material, logistic and maintenance planning.
· Measure and track performance against agreed upon reliability targets.
· Support failure investigations and the completion of Root Cause Analysis reports.
· Provide technical advice and recommendations to the Field Service maintenance teams.
· Support for driving reliability and continuous improvement to minimize down time, and costs.
· Evaluate Reliability Data and identify systems that are repeatedly failing.
· Monitor trends with aim of identifying and escalating potential service affecting failures.
· Identify improvement opportunities to the performance team.
· Produce accurate and timely reporting for both internal and external client requests.
· Ensure data quality by identifying areas of concern and addressing.
· Create, review, update and analyze internal performance databases.
· Monitor and document progress of fleet campaigns and modifications.
· Provide advice on modifications and measures which can be implemented to improve component and system reliability.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Position requires a minimum of a Bachelors degree in a Data Analytics or equivalent. Any appropriate combination of academic and work experience.
· 1-3 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
· Must demonstrate core competencies of effective communications, listening, and have strong organizational skills. .
· Ability to learn quickly how to use number of different internal databases/ systems
· Proven ability to work systematically and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
· Must be computer literate, and have knowledge of computerized maintenance systems, or possess the ability to learn.
· Must possess proven skills with all Microsoft Office (including Excel/Word/Access/PowerPoint) products (advanced knowledge)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Ability to apply Standardization of processes to maximize consistency of output and increase efficiency.
· Aptitude to understand technical information
This role profile may vary in accordance with changes to business needs. Your annual objective setting with your line manager will outline any additional responsibilities to meet business requirements or individual development needs for the forthcoming financial year.