Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 243806
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Hoffman Estates
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Senior Software Engineer.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- You will work as part of a development team to implement, test, debug and peer review code for the console on a nuclear medicine imaging system
- You will write and review technical documentation
- You will collaborate with test engineers to design and implement software tests
- You will have the opportunity to interface with internal partners (systems engineering, product management, etc.) and external partners (including those in Germany, India, etc.)
- You will be expected to provide technical leadership and mentor junior software developers
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- You possess a strong understanding of software design and architecture principles
- You have familiarity with WPF, WCF,
Web Services, MVC, MVVM,
- You possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- You have the ability to work both independently, and as part of a team
- You are capable of professionally resolving team issues/conflicts.
- You have a strong and positive commitment to Customers, Company, Team and Self
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 3-5 years of professional development experience, including 3+ years of application programming experience (C++, C#, .net, WPF, etc.) on Windows platforms
- Excellent understanding of software engineering practices, object-oriented design, and architecture principles
- Good working knowledge of messaging infrastructures, asynchronous communications and multi-threaded application development
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific role before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.