Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 243830
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Canton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
At Siemens we believe in Global Corporate Citizenship and creating perfect places for our customers. We are looking for bright and passionate talent to help tackle some of our Customers’ most pressing operational and energy challenges.
The Energy Engineer role entails working closely with our existing Siemens Customers to help improve their facility’s energy efficiency and sustainability footprint. This will involve performing energy audits, energy calculations, designing custom solutions and participating in Customer facing presentations. This position also requires coordinating business development strategy with sales and technology solution managers within Siemens. The ideal candidate would be someone comfortable with taking a leading role and has a passion for customer service as well as energy efficiency. The focus of this position is to drive the Energy Services business within the local market for Siemens Smart Infrastructure. While this position will be based out of our Canton, MA (Boston) office, it will also support customers throughout New England.
- Participation in pre-sale activities, working closely with Sales to identify and technically qualify customer opportunities for energy efficiency.
- Participation and at times lead client meetings and presentations. The Energy Engineer is responsible for performing all necessary energy and design calculations needed to adequately propose facility improvement measure (FIM) recommendations.
- Perform industry-standard (ASHRAE or equivalent) energy audits. This will require working independently to develop action plans prior to executing energy audits, properly organizing information gathered, and identification of FIM recommendations.
- Perform industry-standard energy calculations (such as weather-based BIN calculations).
- Assisting with existing building commissioning. Understanding of industry standard commissioning procedures or techniques is preferred.
- Read and write sequences of operations, as well as analyzing drawings and specifications to determine facility operational characteristics.
- Work collaboratively with our Digital Service Center resources on Smart Building solutions, as part of Siemens Digitalization Strategy.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Controls Engineering or other related field.
- 2+ years of experience in energy efficiency engineering within buildings.
- Required travel: 20%
- Understanding of HVAC design fundamentals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan and have a valid driver's license in good standing.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification and/or state certification as an Engineer in Training (EIT).
- Understanding of State and Utility Incentive programs
- Two or more years Mechanical HVAC design experience
- Familiarity with State Energy Codes and/or ASHRAE 90.1
- Familiarity with MS Excel and VBA programming basics