Business Unit: Low Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 243863
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Other Locations: United States-California-San Diego, United States-Illinois-Chicago, United States-Arizona-Phoenix, United States-Texas-Austin, United States-Texas-San Antonio, United States-Tennessee-, United States-Indiana-
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 80%
Siemens is looking for a Solution Engineer to join their growing team. The candidate will be responsible for the integration of hardware and software to create an overall energy monitoring system for customers. Digital Solutions & Services provides facilities with the tools which help in managing the energy costs and availability of their business.
Are you ready to design and implement the solutions that companies, universities, data centers, and industries use to monitor their energy consumption?
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
- Implements hardware and software for energy management/monitoring solutions.
- Understands and applies safety procedures.
- Follows basic standard project documentation for project completion
- Identifies problems as they occur and takes proactive steps to solve them.
- Independently performs basic tasks and functions for professional field work.
- Prepare explanations to enable proper interpretation/evaluation of specifications, performance characteristics, or other technical data.
- Document Daily tasks, reports and commissioning documentation.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Minimum 5 years prior professional experience in Electrical Engineering or Computer Information Systems.
* BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Information Systems* Network, Communication Protocols, Ethernet Troubleshooting
* Knowledge and experience with multiple operating systems including servers.
* Trouble shooting skills for wiring, digital inputs, digital outputs, etc…
* Strong communication skill both written and verbal.
* Ability to work independently as well as work with other group or teams.
* Must possess the ability to travel 80%.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* PLC Programming
* Power monitoring experience using software like EcoStruxure Power Monitoring Expert, Eaton Power Expert or ForeSeer.
* Time and task management skills (e.g., Project Manager, Project Engineer).
* SQL Database experience (Creating Queries, Data Manipulation)
* Experience with serial communications (i.e. RS 485)
* Experience with Modbus RTU/TCP
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.