Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 243876
Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Sr. Software Engineer – BACnet integration
Enlighted, a Siemens company, is the Internet of Things (IoT) solutions division that delivers the leading technology platform for smart buildings. With our game-changing sensor technology and scalable network to real-time data collection and high-value applications, Enlighted is redefining what a smart building can be. Our innovative lighting control systems are already delivering energy savings of up to 90% at a large and growing number of Fortune 500 companies. Using the real-time indoor sensor data, we’re building indoor location applications for asset tracking, navigation, productivity, and space optimization. But that’s the beginning.
Enlighted is seeking experienced software engineer for BACnet integration of our real-time sensor platform with BMS/HVAC systems.
· Design and develop BACnet integration of our real-time sensor platform with BMS/HVAC systems.
· Collaborate with peers on technical design, effort estimation and implementation
· Prepare for sprint planning by understanding the details (effort, risk, priority) of remaining work committed for a release
· Perform code peer reviews as part of everyday workflow
· Demonstrate and showcase highlights of contributions for product releases and updates
· Contribute ideas for continually improving the team's productivity, job enjoyment, and code quality
· Propose and execute on mini-research/prototype projects that introduce innovative solutions to new or existing problems
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience in developing software using BACnet protocol for integrations
· Experience in developing software using C in Linux environment.
· Experience in REST API, WebSocket, SQL and XML
· Integration experience in HVAC, commercial lighting or BMS systems is preferred.
· Experience with Unit testing in a CI/CD environment
· Comfort with rapid development cycles, tight schedules, tight integration with QA and product management
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in technical communications