Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 243878
Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Senior QE Automation Engineer – Sunnyvale, CA
As a member of the Quality Engineering team at Enlighted Inc, you will be a quality champion. You will be an advocate of quality and empower the Engineering team at Enlighted to maintain a high level of quality in our products. Ideal candidate will participate from the inception of the projects to the successful delivery of products. You will be part of design, architecture, implementation meetings and represent the Quality Engineering team and ensure that products are being developed with quality in mind. While having quality as the main focus, you will be embedded as part of engineering teams and work closely with other cross-functional teams.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· Building highly scalable automation frameworks for web, mobile, system wide tests.
· Monitoring the test results actively and acting on any failures.
· Authoring comprehensive test plans and test strategies that span across firmware, software, and cloud components and ensure high quality deliverables.
· Be an advocate for quality and work closely with cross-functional engineering teams in promoting quality.
· Effective communication of status and reporting bugs in a timely fashion.
· Proactively work towards improving the test processes.
· Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Engineering or related field.
· 7+ years of experience in Software Engineering or Software Quality Engineering, with at least 5 years in Quality Engineering.
· Thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Quality methodologies.
· Experience testing large scale complex products with software and firmware components.
· Deep technical expertise in building effective testing frameworks, that are highly scalable and reusable.
· Proficient in front-end, backend, system testing.
· Proven experience with automation tools and frameworks such as Cucumber, Selenium, TestNG, Postman.
· Strong expertise with object oriented programming languages such as Java and scripting using Python, Shell etc.,
· Comfortable using Unix/Linux, databases like MySQL, Postgres.
· Experience with scalability and performance testing is a plus.
· Experience integrating the automation suite with CI/CD pipelines such as Jenkins is a plus.
· Experience working on Kafka, Cassandra is a plus.
· Familiarity working in agile/scrum-based teams.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. #LI-TM1