Business Unit: Onshore
Requisition Number: 243882
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
The Project Logistics Specialist is responsible for coordination of transportation and logistics for both domestic and international projects for execution phase, including estimation, planning, and execution of all modes of transportation including ocean, rail, air, barge, heavy haul and warehousing.
- Prepare transportation plan for the transport execution of domestic of Wind Turbine power projects.
- Provide monthly financial reports by tracking carrier invoices and air waybills.
- Provide daily carrier reports and compare offload times with carrier offload times at project site.
- Provide transportation schedules for all transport modes based on sourcing, expected shipping volumes, contractual schedule, locations, and delivery terms to achieve the highest quality performance regarding customer satisfaction and cost avoidance
- Ensure that transport execution meets contractual requirements over the course of project execution.
- Collaborate with Truck and Vessel Planner regarding Heavy Haul contracts.
- Collaborate with purchasing, direct materials, implementation of sourcing models regarding INCOTERM and mode of transportation
- Coordinate Method Statements with Carrier, Truck Planner and Transport Engineer.
- Coordinate route study with carrier, truck planner, and project team
- Identifies key procurement risks, opportunities and market forces to avoid potential damage/ exploit potential opportunities through risk and change management.
Ensure all state and local permits are in place for preferred routes
Working knowledge of project transportation & logistics of over dimensional equipment
Knowledge of over dimensional trucking (pricing, regulations, and execution)
Knowledge of project cargoes
Knowledge and understanding of ocean transport with a focus on project cargoes
Familiarity with vessel chartering terms
Familiarity of port operations for containerized and project freight
Strong Microsoft Excel skills, especially using multiple worksheets within a single workbook
Advanced skills using Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word, plus familiarity with Microsoft Access, would be preferred
Must be flexible to move between project tasks on very short notice to meet customer requests
Quick analytical skills to compare and contrast similar estimate workbooks to explain assumptions used to support management queries
Strong organizational skills to support multiple projects at the same time, if needed
Ability to work in a team setting and collaborate in a fast pace environment
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Bachelor’s* degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience within Logistics (SCM)
Previous experience working with wind component movement
Hands-on experience evaluating ports & roads
Previous experience evaluating logistics suppliers
Bilingual in English and Spanish, but not required