Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 243886
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
This position is responsible for all project management duties on assigned Automation projects. Multiple small sized projects will be handled by this role. As needed this position may be assigned as part of a larger project team with selected duties at the direction of a senior project manager. The position will support the Building Automation business lines. This position requires work to be in both office and field locations.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
• Directs and motivates the project team during installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects.
• Participates in sales-to-operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
• Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications to determine project requirements.
• Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team; monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre determined execution plan.
• Prepares progress billings, orders material and handles other miscellaneous project tasks.
• Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs.
• Pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
• Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
• Participates in job site final walk thru and manages the completion of all close out documentation.
• This role works with fellow project managers and Operations manager to develop proper skills to better enhance the overall ownership culture.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
• 6 months to 1 year of Project Management experience in one or more phases of project delivery.
• 2+yrs experience with Building Automation Systems
• Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Knowledge or Microsoft Office applications with an emphasis on Excel.
• Knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations required.
• Prior experience with project related financial measurements.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
• Experience with other low-voltage electrical systems is a plus.
• CAPM certification is a plus. Ability to obtain certification upon employment.
• Knowledge of Siemens Building Automation product lines
High School Diploma or equivalent GED required with an Associate Degree a plus.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
Extensive product training and professional career development.