Business Unit: Customer Services
Requisition Number: 243899
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 50%
- Perform service, preventative maintenance, modifications and installations on Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics instrumentation at customer sites with minimal supervision;
- Provide on-site customer repairs; responsible for delivering both timely and effective repairs
- Provide adequate training of operators to ensure optimal system performance, resulting in superior customer satisfaction;
- Manage financial performance within their territory, meeting or exceeding budget for revenue generation, expense control and inventory management
- Manage company assets to include a company car, cell phone, computer, tools, inventory parts, etc.
- Establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers and peers
- Perform necessary administrative duties accurately.
- Minimum high school diploma
- Experience in testing, repairing and maintaining capital medical equipment
- Strong electronics and computer background needed
- Proficient in the use of tools and service test equipment
- Able to work both individually and in an established team setting
- Self-starter with strong customer service skills as well as excellent communication skills
- Ability to operate remotely from the main office with minimum supervision
- Demonstrate excellent judgment in customer relations and in managing company resources; strong competency in instrument systems technology to include mechanics, electrical, chemistry, and software technology
- Experience with electronics, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Able to interface with customers in a positive professional manner
- Ability to think and act in a logical and methodical way
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and be able to utilize computer-based tools for reports, email and for general communication
- Hold a current valid driver’s license and good driving record over last three years is required
- Willing to work different shifts as business needs dictate
- Ability to travel and provide service in assigned geography, as well as periodic travel to other regions or for training.
- Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation after training and certification is completed. Participation in a region On Call rotation is part of the job requirement.
- Previous field service experience is desired
- 2+ years of experience as a medical technologist or field service engineer (biomedical engineer) servicing diagnostic instruments preferred
- Technical Associates degree or equivalent in military experience preferred (graduates of the U.S. Navy Nuclear program are encouraged to apply)
- Background or coursework in Electronics, chemistry, biology or natural sciences is very helpful.