Business Unit: United States
Requisition Number: 243915
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 35%
The Siemens Mobility Head of Supply Chain Management is responsible for safeguarding a market-leading SCM performance position at competitive costs derived from Division/BU business requirements and overarching Mobility SCM Strategy in order to generate an optimized contribution to business performance. The position has overall responsibility for commodity management, order management, project procurement, logistics and SQM functions. In addition, the position is responsible for ensuring Procurement Compliance in local project procurement including P2P and for implementing governance for procurement.
· Organization – Responsible for definition and implementation of Division SCM organization for Mobility North America (USA & Canada) in alignment with Siemens Mobility US and Siemens Mobility SCM organizations. Must ensure efficiency and appropriate setup of the organization and build/lead divisions/BU SCM community.
· Strategy – Responsible for deploying Siemens NAM and Siemens Mobility SCM Strategy from specific BU strategies in own area of responsibility and contribute to Division strategy development (e.g. cross-functional collaboration, early involvement of Procurement and suppliers, digitalization as well as standardization and bundling activities). Must develop initiatives and performance programs for area of responsibility; ensure alignment of (detail) Commodity strategies with global strategies and utilization of US & Canadian Supply Market for MO SCM demand by using the Siemens Mobility network. Must expand supplier base to enable compliance with US contracts (particularly Buy America Requirements, DBE / WBE / MBE requirements)
· Initiatives – Responsible for ensuring implementation of Siemens Mobility initiatives (Sustainability, values, guidelines, risk management, internal controls, country programs / initiatives) and collaborating within and between departments to ensure supply base continuity (ie key participation in obsolescence management). Must continue robotics / process automation initiatives across Mobility North America and continue optimization of processes across NAM BUs. Must continue close collaboration with Export Control to define strategies for cross boarder supply chains
· Division/BU SCM performance – Responsible for ensuring efficient Division SCM in line with business needs, sufficient resources, competencies and process standardization, ensuring P2P & Operational compliance in area of responsibility, and coaching of Mobility SCM network and defined activities. Must ensure optimization of division performance (quality, productivity, cross-functional cooperation, cross NAM BU collaboration & savings) while fostering Division synergies within Mobility network.
· Material Management – Responsible for full strategic and operational (if applicable) responsibility for Mobility specific material, Management of Mobility-wide Commodity groups. Responsible for supporting and influencing other procurement activities (e.g. pooled material as well as indirect material).
· Supplier Management - Responsible for driving Supplier Management processes (e.g. evaluation, development, initiatives, control) to obtain best suppliers and ensure transparency and early integration; Support Supplier Quality Management and new supplier on-boarding
· Database Management – responsible for overall management / maintenance of supplier database, commodity price trends, market knowledge, technical updates
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
·· B.E / B.Tech in Engineering; Post graduation in Operations / Finance preferred
· 10+ years of progressive experience in Procurement with large multinational Engineering/Manufacturing company
· 3-5 years as an expert in the relevant industrial / functional domain
· Deep understanding of direct supply market structure, demand supply dynamics, and supplier economics.
· Experience of having set up structure, systems and processes in Procurement areas
· External orientation with extensive contacts in the supply industry
· Leadership - 8+ years of experience in people management role