Business Unit: Service
Requisition Number: 243926
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 95%
Position Summary: This position will be responsible for performing field inspections, repairs, and design modifications of wind turbine blades and other composite parts in wind turbines. In addition, technical data will be provided from the field and support for design modifications/corrective actions.
Duty / Responsibility
Show professionalism, respect, and understanding when supporting wind technicians and interacting with customers.
Perform Composite Inspections - Follow established procedures to document composite damages from both ground inspections as well as in-depth inspections from cranes, platforms or aerial lifts.
Use good written and verbal communication skills to describe complex damages, participate in preparation of inspection and repair reports, and follow up to final resolution.
Assist in composite related corrective actions (ie turbine status, large corrective events and repairs)
Assist in composite related design modifications (ie diverter strip retrofits, balance blocks, etc)
Ability to perform composite repairs in the air from a crane, suspended platform, aerial lift truck, or on the ground, with working knowledge of composite materials and related repairs.
Technician must be able to work with the maximum safety guidelines of all safety personal protection equipment.
Identify process improvements; including reduction of non-value added operations, increased productivity opportunities, increased safety opportunities, etc.
Ability to work in confined / enclosed space
Must be willing to travel for extended periods of time - up to 95% travel time possible.
Required education and experience:
High School Graduate/GED/Equivalent work
2-4 years related work experience
Microsoft Office suite: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
Vocation/Technical School/ Diploma Program
· Gearbox / Generator Repairs and Inspections
· Familiarity with Gamesa and/or Siemens Mechanical/Electrical turbine operation
· Ability to lead repair team
· Turbine trouble shooting (knowledge in electrical and hydraulic schematic readings)
· Knowledge of mechanical/electrical inspection techniques
· Turbine work and safety practices
· Knowledge of mechanical/electrical repairs
· Document inspection repairs and create reports
· Ability to work from height for inspection or repairs
· Use of borescope and Laser alignment tool - digital camera – set up and operation
· May provide general guidance to others and train lower level employees.
Primary equipment used: Wind turbine tools, Electrical testers, digital camera, Standard office equipment, forklift, Laser alignment and borescope