Business Unit: Rolling Stock
Requisition Number: 243936
Primary Location: United States-California-San Diego
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Our Commissioning Technician Intern will support the troubleshooting, testing and repairing the next generation Lite Rail Vehicles that are delivered from the OEM to the local authority at the San Diego MTS maintenance facility. This is a great opportunity to apply what you have learned in school and to develop your knowledge, skills and abilities as an emerging professional engineer.
- Diagnose electrical malfunctions in LRV control circuits and components, assess the nature of problems, and identify corrective action needed.
- Work with shop machines and hand tools.
- Understand and follow company and industry safety rules, practices, and procedures.
- Communicate with others, verbally and in writing, technical information, job procedure recommendations, and other work-related information.
- Assist other employees as needed.
- Read, interpret and understand written or electronic information, maintain the information, and compile reports
- Use PTU’s (laptops) to troubleshoot various systems onboard the locomotives.
- Perform with use of mechanical drawings, schematics and location circuit plans, electrical and mechanical repairs of various components
We would like you to be proficient in electrical, mechanical and hydraulic troubleshooting. Experience working with industrial electrical, and mechanical components is required.
- High school diploma currently enrolled is an Engineering Degree program
- Must have an understanding of electrical, hydraulic, mechanical troubleshooting
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Familiar with Electrical, Mechanical and Hydraulic Systems