Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 243941
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Munhall
Other Locations: United States-Minnesota-Minnetonka
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Mobility, Inc. supplies railway markets the world over with solutions and turnkey installations for railway automation and telecommunication.
Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all around the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities.
Our products and systems are used for automating our customers' operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general.
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
The Validation Engineer provides test engineering support on moderate to complex Rail systems engineering projects.
- Participates in the preparation, installation, and automation of complex test systems.
- Participate in rotational exposure to all aspects of project lifecycle to understand products, customer requirements and system interfaces
- Supports systems analysis, systems and/or product validation and verification from a test system standpoint.
- Implements system enhancements and report on the effectiveness of existing and new systems/products
- Prepares test and diagnostic programs, designs test fixtures and equipment, and completes specifications and procedures for new products under direct supervision.
- Able to acquire a broad understanding of the function, department, and business by cross-training and supporting other roles, as requested.
- Ability to adhere to quality expectations and necessary processes
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering is required.
- Ideal candidate will have 8+ years of system development, integration, and test experience working on large projects as part of a development and/or testing team.
- Knowledge of object oriented design principals and terms.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux including bash scripting, administration, and problem solving
- Experience with VMware Workstation & ESXi or other hypervisors
- Ideal candidate has at least 5 years writing software test solutions using C++, perl, or similar
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Occasional travel is required
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with software development and/or testing on international large-scale projects
- Experience using one or more source control systems such as ClearCase or GIT.
- Experience with model-based testing.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
- Experience with train control systems or similar industrial systems
- Knowledge of defect management systems such as ClearCase, ClearQuest and/or others.
- US PTC knowledge a huge plus
- German language skills are a plus but not required
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.