Business Unit: Communications
Requisition Number: 243954
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
For assigned areas within the organization, you will design, implement, manage and measure complex communications strategies and supporting programs that are aligned with the company’s business objectives. You will work with the Director of Media Relations and manage and contribute to the development of external communication strategies including media relations, overall message development, thought leadership/executive speaking engagements and social media activation. You will serve as a point of contact for external media, and internal and external partnership management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborates with internal partners to establish and execute communication strategies in support of the U.S. agenda and targeted business objectives.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with national, regional, and local media across all platforms, and proactively places news as appropriate.
• Effectively develops, writes, edits and distributes information designed to reach regional and national audiences through news media and social platforms in the context of the U.S. agenda and business objectives; demonstrates professional judgment and editorial skills that are accepted as authoritative.
• Utilizes working knowledge of relevant national policy and government affairs issues related to Siemens’ business to proactively identify emerging issues and develop communication strategies and messaging.
• Strategically manages crisis communication activities including timely internal and external stakeholder coordination, message development and outreach to mitigate impact on Siemens reputation.
• Responsible to write press releases and other media collateral such as fact sheets, Q&A and media advisories. Demonstrates skill in communicating complex, technical or policy issues to diverse, non-technical audiences.
• Creates various communications platforms including external presentations, speeches, talking points, social media content and by-lines for Siemens executives.
• Identifies appropriate company sources for information and spokespersons on issues and prepares executives for media interviews.
• Plans, manages and executes media events using knowledge of print and electronic media outlets.
• Utilizes process to measure and report media activities and results achieved for communication strategies and supporting programs on a regular basis.
• Regularly engages with global and country counterparts to collaborate on media relations and communications activities.
Up to 25% domestic travel
Qualifications, Education, Experience Requirements:
- 7+ years of relevant experience successfully designing and delivering communication strategies for external audiences.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English, Political Science or related field required.
- Additional language skills helpful but not required.
- Advanced capability in preparing communications materials.
- Advanced working knowledge of media relations and basic understanding government affairs.
- Basic understanding of Siemens core businesses a plus.