Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 243960
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-East Pittsburgh
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
supplies railway markets the world over with solutions and turnkey
installations for railway automation and telecommunication. Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all around the
world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities
Our products and systems are used for automating our customers' operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general.
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
The Software Engineer will participate in project teams that design and maintain real-time embedded software applications for safety-critical vehicle-based control systems and components. In this role, you will be responsible for collaborating with other engineering departments and overseeing the development, documentation, verification, and support of safety-critical real-time microprocessor-based systems and products applied in the railroad signal industry. You will report to the Software Engineering Manager in the Rail Automation Carborne Systems business unit.
- Perform requirements capture, analysis, specification, validation, and verification.
- Develop, maintain, document, test, and verify real-time microprocessor-based software applications.
- Conduct feasibility, proof of concept, and prototyping activities.
- Adhere to established guidelines and processes to meet technical standards and ensure maintainability.
- Demonstrate both written and verbal communications skills to develop plans, specifications, reports, etc. Effectively communicate complex and technical concepts to ensure that they are well understood.
- Demonstrate ability to debug, troubleshoot, and isolate hardware and software issues.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, computer, or software engineering, or related degree.
- 5+ years of experience with C programming language and in-circuit development / debugging tools
- Proficiency in verbal communications, presentation, and technical writing skills.
- Some proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
- Periodic travel up to 25%.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Working knowledge of MISRA and IEEE standards pertaining railroad vehicle systems / software.
- Experience with test equipment including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, digital data recorders, and multi-meters.
- Experience with requirements management tools, such as DOORS.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.