Business Unit: Product & System Sales
Requisition Number: 243971
Primary Location: United States-New York-Rochester
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Siemens Industry - Industrial Sales Division is searching for a highly professional account manager with passion for customer engagement and satisfaction. This position is located in the Rochester, NY area and covers the Buffalo and Rochester geography. This position sells the industrial sales portfolio with a focus on automation.
The selected candidate will manage a sales territory consisting of Distribution, OEM, End Users and Integrators. This includes creating and executing a territory plan focused on expanding business with existing customers and developing prospective customers.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team selling the best end to end industrial automation solutions in the market. Siemens is leading the charge in providing innovative solutions to bolster manufacturing in the US.
The top candidate will exceed sales revenue goals by effectively executing on key strategies and activities to include:
- Identify customer productivity and efficiency opportunities through automation, technology and software solutions
- understanding the industrial automation market as it relates to customer requirements, opportunities and competition
- Building and maintaining a business plan by cultivating a healthy sales pipeline by uncovering new opportunities, following up on leads and managing the existing customer base
- Building long term partnerships with senior management at key customer accounts, solution partners and channel partners
- Interface with internal resources to develop Siemens solutions to meet customer requirements. Preparing presentations and professional proposals that highlight the value of our solutions and services
- Professionally escalating and expediting customer issues
- Developing a personal sales strategy that maximizes the return on time investment
- Engaging business unit technical and industry experts to provide solutions that address unique customer requirements
- 5+ years of successful selling experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Must be able to manage conflict/challenges and be receptive to change
- Demonstrated business acumen in balancing customer and business requirements, i.e. financials, strategic and tactical thinking
- Executive level verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Inherent ability to work effectively in a team environment and strong desire to win
- Organization and time management skills to succeed in a fast paced environment
- Travel: 25%
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 8-10 years of successful experience in related field
- Knowledge of customers and competitors within the defined territory a plus