Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 244022
Primary Location: United States-Alaska-Fairbanks
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry is seeking an Associate Project Manager (APM) for our Building Automation Solutions Group. This position is responsible for supporting the implementation of design/build projects from development through customer acceptance, focusing on managing the quality control process.
· Assists in development of project-specific quality control and accident prevention plans. Monitors progress to ensure project compliance with these documents.
· Manage the preparation of engineering documents and build customer submittal package.
· Understand project plans, specifications, and submittal registers; use these documents as the basis for managing the construction quality control processes.
· Actively track documents and submittals through review/approval process.
· Attend and conduct project meetings and prepare meeting minutes for distribution to the project team.
· Complete monthly reporting requirements, including manpower and waste logs.
· Participate in jobsite visits throughout project phases.
· Manage the completion of all close-out documentation such as as-built drawings, system manuals, operation and maintenance manuals.
· Communicate the company's core value of safety and project-specific safety requirements, goals, and objectives.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
· Strong knowledge of industry fundamentals and business operations.
· Demonstrated aptitude based on previous experience or education.
· Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
· Willingness to work in office and on active construction sites.
· Must be available to periodically work extended weekday and weekend hours.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Must have strong verbal and written skills in English.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· Associates degree or equivalent with an emphasis in a technical field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· U.S. Army Construction Quality Management certification or any type of Construction Management experience or training.