Business Unit: Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 244031
Primary Location: United States-California-Los Angeles
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
- Provide “one face to the customer”, quarterback within account. Single point of contact for all customer needs.
- Assumes product ownership and responsibility of all diagnostic business units with basic understanding of the products and positioning against the competition.
- Develops relationship with base of customers to maintain and grow diagnostic reagent business in Chemistry, Immunoassay, Hematology, Hemostasis, Urinalysis, Molecular and Microbiology.
- Effective utilization of resources, both internal and external, to maintain and grow relationships to accomplish goals.
- Qualifies prospect and exchange instrument opportunity before bringing in Instrument Specialist. Tracks and manages sales process.
- Identifies and develops prospect opportunities for all product responsibilities.
- Accountable to drive all product line revenue in territory.
- Shared responsibility with all Specialists to maximize capital revenue.
- Develops and implements strategic plans for accounts, in line with company objectives, to grow revenue in a profitable way both short and long term.
- Updates reagent trending reports to ensure accuracy in reagent forecast.
- Manage quoting and proposal process as well as delivery to the customer in collaboration with Instrument specialist. Request quotes from Instrument Specialist.
- Manages customer compliance on reagent contracts and works to develop plans when customers are not meeting commitments.
- Conducts Business Reviews with top customers or when warranted.
- Responsible for forecasting revenue and unit opportunities in business reviews.
- Establish relationship with customers vertically from bench tech to c-suite. Develops trust and establishes credibility with diagnostic section heads and lab management. Maintains relationship with Materials Management, as well as C-suite.
- Develops a complete understanding of the organization's structure and key buying influences of assigned accounts.
- Orchestrates customer presentations and demonstrations, with specialist, articulating the value proposition of product / solution / service offerings.
- Problem resolution - assumes ownership of account issues and uses appropriate resources.
- BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree, equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Geographically accessibility to territory.
- Proven history of successful sales with 3-5 years of experience in the healthcare industry.
- Ability to influence without authority and collaborate across all levels of an organization (internal and external).
- Ability to manage and resolve complex business problems; at times in the absence of existing procedures or practices.
- High degree of business acumen to include standard competencies (financial, market positioning, healthcare industry, and customer), in order to make sound decisions.
- Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
- Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
- Ability of develop an understanding of product knowledge on all product lines.
- Demonstrated organization skills.