Business Unit: Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 244032
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-East Walpole
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Laboratory Technician 3 - Mfg Technical Operations.
This Laboratory Technician 3 position impacts people’s health, and well-being all around the world, while working on a new and exciting automation platform; the Siemens Atellica. Position supports Manufacturing personnel via technical expertise and guidance, as they build/test diagnostic reagents and materials that will be used by clinical labs on Atellica, Centaur, and Centaur CP automation platforms. Position reports to Senior Supervisor of Technical Operations within the Manufacturing sector.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Laboratory Technician 3, you will be responsible for:
- In your activities, you will participate in and investigate technical issues associated with formulation and testing of immunoassay reagents and testing components.
- You will assist with writing compliance documentation associated with investigations, data analyses, and experimental conclusions.
- You will work in the laboratory running Atellica, Centaur, and CP instrumentation with serum and other biological fluids of human and animal origin.
- You will help coordinate and carry out investigations and implements corrective and preventive actions (CAPA).
- You will participate in the design of experiments (DOE) to troubleshoot manufacturing issues.
- You will coordinate and perform material and process changes following written protocols
- BS in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry
- 2 + years job related experience
- Experience with automated immunoassay analyzers and/or ELISA and chemiluminescent technology.
- Strong work ethic, excellent written and communication skills
- Must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to switch priorities to meet business needs
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.