Business Unit: Communications
Requisition Number: 244101
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Are you ready to apply your communications skills at a major, global technology provider that's driving a sustainable energy future?
The incoming employee will support marketing communications activities for a global oil and gas business (upstream, midstream and downstream). The primary focus of the position is development and implementation of integrated, multi-channel marketing communications plans.
- Development and implementation of integrated, multi-channel marketing communications campaigns
- Content creation for media, social media and web
- Event and trade fair management
Required Knowledge / Skills and Education
- BS/BA Degree from an accredited four-year college in marketing, communications, English, or other related field
- 2 - 5 years of communications experience
- Strong writing / editing and project management skills
- Native English fluency
- Occasional travel (10 - 15%)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge of oil and gas industry a strong plus
- Tech savvy, especially where social media is concerned
- Passion for the energy sector, and strong willingness to learn
Siemens AG (Berlin and Munich) is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 170 years. The company is active around the globe, focusing on the areas of power generation and distribution, intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems, and automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Through the separately managed company Siemens Mobility, a leading supplier of smart mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is shaping the world market for passenger and freight services. Due to its majority stakes in the publicly listed companies Siemens Healthineers AG and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Siemens is also a world-leading supplier of medical technology and digital healthcare services as well as environmentally friendly solutions for onshore and offshore wind power generation. In fiscal 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, Siemens generated revenue of €83.0 billion and net income of €6.1 billion. At the end of September 2018, the company had around 379,000 employees worldwide. Further information is available on the Internet at www.siemens.com.