Business Unit: Transmission Products
Requisition Number: 244148
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Raleigh
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Project Managers bring people, ideas, and opportunities together. They are temporary team leaders, have all of a project’s costs and deadlines under control, get things rolling, understand technology and get people moving. Join our team and we will offer you the opportunity to enter a special project manager career path.
Siemens Gas and Power – Energy Management High Voltage Products Gas Insulated Switchgear is seeking a Technical Project Management Specialist for Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) projects. In this role, you will be responsible for the overall project profit/loss and report to the Director of Project Management as an individual contributor.
In this role, you will:
• Lead GIS supply and install scope projects.
• Interact on a daily basis with international factories and local project team.
• Lead project management activities (defining scheduling, budget, risk, change, opportunity, forecast and monthly reporting to management).
• Lead the technical review of system design and documentation.
• Lead continuous improvement opportunities and lessons learned for projects.
Additionally, you will be involved with cultivating client relationship and sales opportunities.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
We look for the following to be successful in this role:
• 5 years of experience in Power Systems projects or equivalent education and experience required; Utility preferred.
• Experience in process improvement / quality management preferred
• Must possess excellent communication, leadership and team building skills.
• Ability to prioritize and network across the enterprise.
• PMP certificate from PMI as well as PM@Siemens certification preferred.
• Ability to travel as needed, could meet or exceed 30%
• BA/BS in related discipline.
• Credentials and experience in Engineering (Electrical/Mechanical) preferred.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.