Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 244208
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Saint Rose
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
The New Orleans Branch of Siemens Industry, Building Technologies Division is seeking a highly motivated individual with long term goals for a challenging field based position with growth potential. The Specialist will assist with the start-up and troubleshooting of building automation control systems, point-to-point checkout of devices, and creating graphics at customer sites.
· Participates in routine product support to customers on-site.
· Educates customers on product knowledge.
· Provides support to the product design group regarding solutions for customers with routine product needs.
· Identifies problems as they occur and suggests appropriate solutions.
· Seeks advice and guidance from other team members regarding non-routine or problem areas.
· Participates in the implementation and/or performs startup and commissioning for equipment that has been newly installed.
· Assists with the routine performance of System Preparation, startup & commissioning:
Provides assistance to the engineering group to create and/or verify point database.
Supports the upload of point database.
Assists with the modification of graphics
Participates with verification of point database that they are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence.
Contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed.
Assist with the set up and configuration of PC workstations and user interfaces.
Project Site Communication and Coordination:
May provide support to others with the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed.
Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance:
Runs routine reports to review system operation.
Technical issues will be reviewed with supervisor and customer to decide best course of action.
Participates in final inspection and testing.
Supports the assurance of customer acceptance.
Assists with training of customers on system operations.
Completes and submits routine written reports.
Provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam required.
· Required experience: Demonstrable electro-mechanical aptitude (based on previous experience and/or education) needed to be successful in this role
· Required amount of travel: 20%
Ability to use small hand tools, ladders, laptop, smart phone, and tablet.
Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers.
Must have excellent communication skills in English.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Preferred education: Associate’s degree or 1-2 years of vocational training preferred.
· Preferred knowledge, skills, or expertise:
Proficiency with MS Office preferred.
Experience with AutoCAD preferred.
Advanced Training in electronic and electrical troubleshooting.
Experience in Ethernet Network setup and configuration.
Experience verifying and documenting installation of equipment, working on construction sites, and/or working with building automation systems is preferred and will receive preference.
Experience with HVAC installation, troubleshooting and start-up (residential or commercial) and/or electrical components (e.g. relays, communication wiring, power supplies, low voltage, etc.) preferred.
Veteran of the US Armed Forces highly desired.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
All employees receive Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
Extensive product training and professional career development.