Business Unit: Supply Chain Management
Requisition Number: 244213
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Fort Madison
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/wind-power-and-renewables.htm
*Starts at $19.00/hr + shift differential
Follows written work instructions to prepare the mold to begin the creation of the blade. They will utilize hand and power tools as well as the metric system. This position reports to the Group Lead of Fabrication.
A Mold Preparer must:
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner
- Function as a member of a smaller team to prepare a large mold for the injection process
- Be able to comprehend and follow written work instructions
- Use hand and power tools
- Able to work from a skyjack at heights in excess of 10 feet
- Have great attention to detail while working to a deadline
- Have a positive attitude, work well with others, and implement constructive criticism
- Utilize 5S and LEAN principles to ensure their work is being completed as efficiently as possible
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least one year of experience in a manufacturing/construction or similar environment (or commensurate education) or 3 months of experience as a Siemens contractor
- Must have experience working with hand tools, power tools, lifting equipment, and utilizing the metric system
- Must be able to work 2nd or 3rd shift and be available for overtime on weekdays and weekends
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Certification or 2 year degree in Construction, Manufacturing, Welding, or other related studies preferred
- NCRC of at least a Silver is preferred
- Positive attendance and employment history
Must be able to successfully pass a pre employment drug screen and background checks.