Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 244241
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Other Locations: United States-California-San Diego, United States-Washington-Bellevue, United States-California-Hayward, United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
This position is within Siemens Industry, Smart Infrastructure (SI) Digital Service Center (DSC). As a Business Development Manager (BDM) for the DSC you will drive business development activities by promoting SI’s Smart Service offerings (remote, cloud based, analytics and data driven), as well as, uncovering and developing opportunities through relationships with SI’s Field organization. Working with Sales and Client Service Manager resources, you are expected to assist in generating and managing a large number of highly qualified Smart Service opportunities and increase the understanding and value perception of SI’s digital capabilities, both internally and externally.
Our preference is to have this person based in the Pacific or Southwest area.
Provides significant input to all aspects of development of strategies for profitable penetration of our Smart Service offering into new or existing accounts. Leads and drives new program ideas which result in profitable market strategies to ensure achievement of assigned business goals. Facilitates continuous education of SI’s Sales resources in understanding and positioning SI’s quickly advancing digital & analytics offering. Participates in pre-sales engagement with strategic accounts and engages in ‘Thought Leadership’ activities to create pull in market.
• Primary day-to-day interface for pre-sales activities with SI’s Sales resources
• Provide hands on expert knowledge and assistance to allow the Sales Executives / Account Managers to respond to qualified opportunities in a timely and knowledgeable manner
• Strategic campaigns in support of the business development needs of the business
• Deliver training and workshops to our field organization to build their 'Digital' expertise in order to attract new clients and grow existing clients
• Participate in the development and delivery of demonstrations, live or via webinar, to key decision makers detailing the value of the solution to their business
• Allow SI to increase its visibility and attain a leadership position image for Smart Services and Intelligent Buildings
• Collateral, case studies, sales promotional needs as required in support of business
• Neutralize or put competition at a disadvantage
• Represent Siemens in industry associations, professional organizations and affiliations
• Develop reporting suite (Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual) in support of funnel process
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Sufficient HVAC and Building Automation System knowledge - moderately technical
- 8+ years of experience in related field required
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Energy Engineering expertise
- Understanding of Building Data Analytics, such as Fault Detection & Diagnostics
- Account Management, as well as, New Business Development Experience
- This individual must possess an outgoing personality, be able to present herself/himself and Siemens in a professional and positive way and work well in a team environment
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Understanding of Siemens Branch organization
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.