Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 244243
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Other Locations: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 50%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
The Project Procurement Manager is responsible for managing third-party spending on materials, equipment and construction trade (low voltage electrical installation/controls subcontractors) to support projects in these states. Directly engages in large and mid-size projects in the bidding phase to improve Siemens' competitive position by running the subcontractor solicitations (RFQs and RFPs), bid leveling and negotiations. Works to manage and develop a diverse group of suppliers and subcontractors to support Siemens' building automation, security, fire alarm controls contracting businesses. This Position will have geographic responsibilities and travel throughout North Carolina and Georgia with officing options either in Charlotte N.C. or Norcross Ga. The position will report to the National Procurement Manager responsible for procurement throughout the Southeast U.S.
The Field Procurement Manager role is measured on the following activities:
- Cost Reductions - The role has a target for percentage of cost savings achieved through price negotiations, value engineering efforts, leveraging requirements, and other means.
- Payment Terms - The role requires negotiation of a target percentage of Siemens preferred payment terms.
- Procurement Processes - The role has responsibility for managing relationships with major suppliers including soliciting feedback from internal customers and sharing that with suppliers.
- Internal Customer Satisfaction - key managers are surveyed to determine the service level provided.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam. BS/BA degree highly preferred,
- Project management and/or apprenticeship in a construction trade highly preferred.
- 7-10 total years of experience in commercial construction to include 4 years of experience with purchasing electrical and/or mechanical installation subcontracts.
- Purchasing experience to include price solicitation and negotiation for contracts greater than $1million.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project.
- Ability to travel regularly to project sites, suppliers and customers in the assigned geographic area and travel to occasional company meetings elsewhere in the US.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.