Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 244271
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Fort Collins
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
As a Project Development Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical sales support for RCE Mods & Ups, Fort Collins including, but not limited to, global prospecting, project scope definition, cost estimation, proposal development, negotiation, hand-over of orders to project execution.
- Present and promote value proposition to prospective customers.
- Consult with customers to develop solution concepts and later present technical and commercial proposal.
- Commercial and technical evaluation of customer requests.
- Align with engineering, operations, and supply chain management, as well as the assigned sales region to manage concrete opportunities through all stages of implementation along the sales funnel.
- Develop accurate and comprehensive scope definition for customer requests.
- Develop accurate and complete cost estimates for proposals to new projects.
- Develop appropriate offer strategy together with the assigned sales region.
- Conceive and prescribe integrated solutions to meet customer needs.
- Use and maintain CRM tools to ensure complete, accurate, and timely information.
- Develop a sustainable sales funnel.
- Act as liaison manager for assigned sales regions.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of professional experience in Product Sales/Marketing or Engineering
- 1-2 years of knowledge in oil and gas industry
- Experience in complete cost estimates for proposals to new projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication & writing skills
- Basic understanding of gas engine technology
- High level of tact, professionalism, and tenacity
- Experience in developing proposals for complex solutions and document their value proposition
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience with CRM tools
- Travel up to 25% (Domestic/International)
- Master's Degree
Siemens Gas and Power
(GP) is a global pacesetter in energy,
helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and
societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain
and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power
producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas
industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction,
processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in
central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids.
With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees
in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and
is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has
been for more than 150 years.