Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 244294
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Worthington
Other Locations: United States-Tennessee-Memphis, United States-Kentucky-Louisville, United States-Maryland-Beltsville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is seeking a Renewal Coordinator to join our Atlantic Zone and support our Building Technologies service team. This role coordinates the service agreement renewal process for assigned contracts, ensuring that our service agreements are renewed on time and that the activities are completed as scheduled for our building automation, fire & life safety, and security customers.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Serves as the main point of contact for the renewal process.
- Uses standard tools and processes to renew service agreements on time (before they expire).
- Assigns and manages renewal activities at the 120- , 90-, 60-, and 30-day milestones
- Coordinates with Sales and Operations teams.
- Hosts monthly meetings with assigned branches to review/update status.
- Provides data for facilitation of renewal and Order Intake forecast meetings (via Renewal Portal and Excel)
- Secures a signed contract and Purchase Order for contracts to which the coordinator is assigned.
- Submits contract renewals to Booking Team
- Assists with invoice and contract cancellations
- Manages various reports related to contract renewals.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency.
- Required experience: Sales- or administrative-support experience relevant to the type of service provided by Siemens, or a building technologies field professional interested in this type of office role.
- Required travel: 5%
- Other requirements:
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload.
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States, and will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
Building Technologies industry experience
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.