Business Unit: Service
Requisition Number: 244306
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Byron
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 35%
Join one of the world’s leading suppliers of wind power solutions as a Field Service Technician for Wind Power Services!
Demand for electricity generated from renewable sources is growing fast, and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy Gamesa Renewable Energy has the answers. As one of the market leaders, we combine technological innovations, experience, and expertise to deliver readily available, one-stop solutions and have a proven track record of successfully delivering wind power projects on all continents.
The Wind Service Technician position is located in Deer Grove, IL. The position requires approximately 20-35% travel. Ability to work a flexible work schedule is a must, along with the ability to analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently. Ideal candidates will provide excellent service to our customers, have the ability to work in stressful, dangerous situations, and participate in the development of new field procedures and best practices.
Requirements for the position are:
- up to 35% travel
• Must have minimum of 6 months training within the iron and metal industry or electrical field.
• Physically and mentally able to work suspended from heights and in confined spaces
• Flexible travel schedule
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 lbs. or less as required by the equipment safety regulations
• Must pass a physical administered by a medical practitioner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position
• Must have clean driving record and pass pre-hire drug screening
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preference given to those candidates with...
• Certification from Renewable Energy or Wind Technical Program
• Minimum 6 months hands on work experience as a Field Service Technician at a Wind Power site